Caernarfon Leisure Park given injection of £37,000
Caernarfon Online has learnt that the Public park at Coed Helen is to receive a cash injection of £37,000 for improvements. The park which is only yards away from Caernarfon Castle has been transformed into a fantastic leisure and sports attraction over the last two years with money being spent on the golf facilities in recognition of the Ryder Cup being held in Wales.
This week Gwynedd announced that the new spending would go towards the following at the park.
* Re surface the pathways around the bowling green
* Improve the access point and steps by the footbridge
* Improve the main entrance to the park
* Create a brand new picnic area on the old bowling green
* Build a new shelter by the bowling green
* Erect new signage and install new bins in the park
* Fill any potholes allowing better access for vehicle
* Landscaping the park
Work will commence on the 10th February and scheduled to end on the 8th March. The grant was given by a grant from Môn a Menai and the work will be carried out by Cwmni Gelli.